Leaf Peeping from Coast to Coast
No Matter Where You Fall Geographically, Your Autumn Adventure Awaits
Crisp air and cozy sweaters, the return of pumpkin spice, bonfires and football Sundays.
Autumn in America brings many changes, but none more eye-catching than leaves turning from green to striking red, orange, and golden hues. If you’re looking for a literal change in scenery, consider a quick trip to welcome the new season. The enduring tradition of fall leaf-peeping is underway.
Though typically associated most closely with New England culture, leaf-peeping stretches far beyond the Northeast, allowing people from coast to coast to find the best vantage points at nearby lakes, mountains, and valleys to watch Mother Nature change her clothes.
Hilton offers hotels and resorts across the country for every type of traveler looking to witness fall’s flaming foliage –places where families, couples, or solo adventurers can crunch through local trails, cozy up inside with a hot cider or seasonal cocktail, or even indulge in special offers like spa treatments rich with fall fragrances.
- The Porter Portland, Curio Collection by Hilton (Portland, Oregon)
- Rising 16 stories above the thriving Fountain District in one of America’s most walkable cities, The Porter Portland is steps from premier shops and popular restaurants, and close to the area’s best fall colors found in the diverse population of trees at the Hoyt Arboretum, the beautifully manicured Portland Japanese Garden, and the gardens of nearby Pittock Mansion. After embracing a day of Portland’s love for the outdoors, travelers can visit the hotel’s Terrane Italian Kitchen & Bar for soulful Italian-inspired food, Xport rooftop restaurant and lounge for handcrafted drinks and mountain views, and the Meditation Spa or heated indoor pool for ultimate relaxation.
- Arizona Biltmore Waldorf Astoria Resort (Phoenix, Arizona)
- To experience the subtler side of leaf-peeping in a warmer climate and mix in some luxurious pampering, check in to Arizona Biltmore Waldorf Astoria Resort in Phoenix, just a one-hour drive to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. The Spa Biltmore has added an array of fall features to the service menu, including a pumpkin apple spice facial, caramel apple pedicure, and cranberry sangria scrub. Guests can take a daytrip to the Arboretum, then retire to the spa and experience the aromas of fall even when indoors.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Durango (Durango, Colorado)
- Witness Mother Nature’s finest color display on the mountaintops and valley peaks at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Durango. The hotel is located on the beautiful Animas River offering some of the most scenic river views in the city. For postcard-worthy foliage views, guests can enjoy a Skyway Tour or a scenic trip on the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway Train.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville-Tunnel Road (Asheville, North Carolina)
- Explore the Blue Ridge Parkway, 469-miles of pristine roadway offering stunning fall foliage views of the Appalachian highlands, at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville-Tunnel Road. The hotel’s prime location puts guests close to historic downtown Asheville, as well as shopping and dining in Biltmore Village.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Harrisonburg (Harrisonburg, Virginia)
- Located in the heart of Virginia's beautiful Shenandoah Valley, this warm and contemporary oasis is minutes from a variety of fall leisure activities, perfect for the family with broad personal interests. Harrisonburg is known for its walkable and bikeable downtown district, complete with live music, art, history, shopping, dining, and of course a mesmerizing display of fall foliage.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont (Burlington, Vermont)
- Journey to Vermont and experience the color rush of your life: a landscape blanketed with raging red, orange and yellow leaves. There’s perhaps no better place to peep leaves than the state with 76% forested land, 50 state parks, and more than 800 lakes and ponds. Several of the best viewing spots for fall foliage in Vermont include Peacham and Mount Mansfield.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Berkshires-Lenox (Lenox, Massachusetts)
- Hedged around 111 acres of great views of fall color, starring the sugar maple, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Berkshires-Lenox is set in an area of immense natural beauty. The hotel is perfectly located to participate in outdoor activities – from hiking Mt. Greylock, the highest peak in Massachusetts, to attending the Jiminy Peak annual fall festival.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton North Conway (North Conway, New Hampshire)
- Nestled at the base of the White Mountains, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton North Conway is perfect for your family’s fall foliage escape. Even the family dog can join the fun. Within driving distance are popular Mount Washington attractions such as Story Land amusement park. Guests can also enjoy a nostalgic trip back in time aboard the nearby Conway Scenic Railroad, where restored passenger cars take visitors on a scenic ride through Mt. Washington Valley.
- Tailwater Lodge Altmar, Tapestry Collection by Hilton (Altmar, New York)
- Nestled in the quaint town of Altmar, Tailwater Lodge Altmar, Tapestry Collection by Hilton epitomizes rustic charm. Located on 2,000 feet of private river frontage on the Salmon River, Tailwater Lodge is an Orvis-endorsed lodge known for its salmon and steelhead fishing, with the river experiencing an extraordinary salmon run this year. The fall is an ideal time to experience the splendor of the river while having the opportunity to catch a trophy king salmon. The surrounding landscape is also a perfect launchpad for exploring outdoors – just minutes away are Oswego County’s top fall harvest and foliage spots and U-pick apple orchards.